Fitness is never an attitude; it is the way of living. It can better be stated as a general state of good health, usually as a result of exercise and nutrition. People now-a-days confront a lot of health issues and fall sick more often. Out of all the health problems, the major one arises out as a result of increasing OBESITY.
OBESITY is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health. The main reasons for causing obesity are:
- Lack of physical activity,
- Excessive food intake,
- Genetic susceptibility,
- Endocrine disorders,
- Mental illness,
- Insufficient sleep, and,
- Increased reliance on cars, and mechanized manufacturing.
It is a widely prevailing disease which may result in:
- MORTALITY- It refers to the state of being subject to death. Obesity often results in death as it leads to various deadly diseases such as- Heart disease and stroke, High blood pressure, Diabetes, Gallbladder disease, breathing problems etc. All these leads to an increase in death rates.
- MORBIDITY- It refers to the rate of disease in a population. Obesity increases the risk of many physical and mental conditions. Complications are either directly caused by obesity or indirectly related through mechanisms sharing a common cause such as a poor diet or a sedentary lifestyle.
TREATMENT FOR OBESITY-
Following a series of steps to get rid of obesity is going to get difficult at first. To get started, following things are to be kept in mind:
- YOU JUST HAVE TO BE DETERMINED.
- FEEL GREAT TO START.
- BE STRONGER THAN YOUR STRONGEST EXCUSE.
- MOTIVATE YOUR MIND, THE BODY WILL FOLLOW.
The main treatments to cure obesity consist of:
- Dieting, and,
- Physical exercise.
DIET PROGRAMS that include low carbohydrates diet rather than low fat diet appear better. The major things to be kept in mind while following a diet plan includes:
- Fewer intakes of fried, oily foods.
- Decreased intake of artificial drinks.
- No intake of sweets, and sugar.
- No intake of junk foods.
- Limit highly processed foods.
- Include more green vegetables in diet.
- More fruits should be eaten.
- Whole grains and legumes (beans, peas, lentils)
It does not depend on diet alone to witness weight loss/get rid of obesity.
In addition to following a diet plan, one must also go for a regular workout session. Frequent and regular physical exercise results in:
- Boosting the immune system.
- Prevention from various diseases.
- Leads to weight loss.
- Increase quality of sleep.
- Prevents depression.
- Improve mental health.
- Increases self-esteem.
- Increased body strength.
- Body fitness and flexibility.
AND FINALLY, IT WILL BECOME AN ADDICTION WHEN YOU SEE THE RESULTS.
Thus, moving on with a proper combination of diet and workout, one can manage to live a healthy and fit life. For it has been rightly said, “TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY, IT IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN.”