SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a very effective technique for the websites for increasing their rankings in search engines by using different keywords that are appropriate for a particular webpage or website. If your business doesn’t have any website, then, it is important for you to make a website. This will get your business located on the World Wide Web (WWW). To make a website for your business, there are many companies that are available.
Let us see what all is important in creating a website.
- UI and UX Design– UI (USER INTERFACE) and UX (USER EXPERIENCE) have a vital role in the success of any website. It is necessary for your website to be easy to use. It must have a user-friendly navigation structure. A good designer and developer will be aware of the importance and the techniques to be used for the development of the website design and structure.
- Keyword Research– Another essential factor that must be included in your checklist is the keyword research. If you are scheduling to project a new website, then it is necessary for you to find out the right and best-suited keywords that are relevant. By including attractive and trendy keywords, it becomes easier to make your website visible in more search engines. Google keyword planner and many other tools are available for you to find out the appropriate keywords according to your website.
- Content is always the king– For each and every website that is or will be available on the web, the content always plays a vital role. Google, Yahoo, and Bing are some of the major search engines available today. They always welcome the new, original and high-quality content. Google always displays the content that is new and high-quality, first in SERPs. This is the reason that many users trust Google. Thus, it is always good to create unique and relevant content related to your website, further, uploading it on the right kind of web pages to gain better rankings.
- HTML Markup Improvements– The HTML Markups are the HTML Tags. There are many HTML tags that can be used, but, it is better to use only the tags that will help in strengthening the SEO score of the website. Some of the HTML Markup tags include title, meta description, meta-robots, author, canonical, NOODP and many more. Following are some of the SEO friendly tags:
- TITLE: Title tags are very useful for the web pages of the website as these tags help the search engines to know about the type of information that the webpage has. With the help of title tags, search engines help in understanding the kind of content the webpage has. Thus, it is necessary to use some exciting and suitable title tags in order to increase attention of the search engines and visitors both.
- META DESCRIPTIONS: Meta descriptions are used to display as a featured text in the SERPs. This is helpful for the search engines and users to know about the type of content the webpage has. A well-written meta description will help in giving you great visibility from Google. The content of the meta-description must be different, along with an appealing CTA. It is obvious that with all these things involved in your website, Google will surely rank the positions.
- META KEYWORDS: The Meta Keyword tag is not actually a ranking factor but it is still considered important in order to maintain the significance of the keywords within the webpage content and HTML Markups. With this, there are chances that your website will get more visibility in the search engines.
- Image Optimization- Image Optimization is one of the most important factors that impact the SEO performance on the website. By using the images of high-quality but larger in size, can make the website slow and thus, the loading time of the website increases. High-quality images should be used but remember to use the image compression in order to keep the image quality same and decrease the size.
Some other necessary areas of image optimization are:
- File name optimization
- Image size optimization
- Image type and dimensions
- Alt Attributes: Alt attributes are also counted under the image optimization that tells about the image context to the search engines. Appropriate and descriptive alt tags must be used on the images. This helps the search engines to know all about the image. You are able to see the alt tag when there is a slow internet connection or the browser takes time to load images due to various reasons.
- Redirection Issues: Many redirection errors occur in the website if it is not developed and looked after carefully. Thus, make sure that at the time of making your website live on WWW, there is no such redirection issue. 301,302,404 are some of the redirection errors.
- Website speed and load time: The speed of your website is also an important factor that must be considered. Obviously, if a website takes much time to load, few people would like to browse it because of the poor speed. A good loading speed helps in decreasing the bounce rate of the website, that further helps in improving the rankings in search engines.
These are some of the important items that must be taken care of while designing a new website for your business.