You can buy the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL from over 1,000 offline stores in the nation and only Flipkart will be dealing in the sale of these new smartphones by the technology giant. October 26 is the date for you if you are thinking to own any one of these phones. The sale of Google Pixel 2 will commence from November 1, while you can own the Pixel 2 XL from November 15. The smartphone market is all set to watch competition among-Samsung Galaxy Note 8, iPhone 8 models and also iPhone X.
The salient features of the smartphones are-
- A filmic 5-inch screen is featured in Google Pixel 2 with a 127-mm full-HD display with a resolution of 1080×1920, whereas, you will have a 6-inch QHD+ (2880 x 1440) P-OLED at 538ppi with 18:9 ratio in the Pixel 2 XL. Both the displays also come equipped with 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 has been equipped in both the smartphones.
- Talking about the software details of Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, both are empowered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC and you get RAM of 4GB. You can choose from two storage variants of the smartphones, 64GB and 128GB. The company has used battery of 2700mAh in the Pixel 2 and a 3520mAh battery in the Pixel 2 XL. Both the mobiles come with the industry’s-best camera sensors. The rear camera of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL have a very unique value. The photography front is equipped with a 12.2-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture. It also comes with an optical and electronic image stabilization. The aperture of f/2.4 is there in the front facing 8-megapixel camera.
- Both the handsets are deprived of the 3.5mm headphone jack. If you are a music lover and use your mobile often for the purpose, just think twice before placing an order.
- The trend of launching the smartphones without the headphone jack was begun by Apple through iPhone 7. It came in to market a year ago. According to the company, the technology where headphones jack was used is now superannuated. One can easily upgrade to it and become habitual of living without the headphone jacks in the smartphones, added by the company. Some were not in the favor of the decision made and were still son their decision until when the technique of headphone jack less smartphone was used by another technology giant, Google. According to the two world’s largest information technology companies, in case of emergencies, the future is dongle-shaped, otherwise the world will go wireless. The update will be less suitable but, human is a mammal who always look for new things in every sphere of life.
- The price tags of both Pixel 2 price, together with Pixel 2 XL in India, has been announced by the company as soon as it launched it. The tech giant has priced Pixel 2 at Rs. 61,000 in India, which is slightly lower than the base variant of iPhone 8 which costs Rs.64,000 in the country. iPhone 8 Plus costs Rs. 4,000 higher than Pixel 2 XL which has got a price tag of Rs. 73,000 for the 64GB storage option. The price of the 128GB variants of both the smartphones are priced Rs. 70,000 and Rs. 82,000, respectively in India.
Mario Queiroz, Google product chief told TechCrunch after the launch event- “The primary reason for dropping the jack was to establish a mechanical design path for the future, we want the display to go closer and closer to the edge.” He also added “if we’re going to make the shift, let’s make it sooner, rather than later. Last year may have been too early. Now there are more phones on the market.”
Google will make the future of technology more significant and impactful.